Why a Jumbo Mortgage?*
A jumbo loan, or non-conforming mortgage, allows you to purchase more expensive homes with a loan amount above the conforming limit set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency. In most areas of the country, the conventional conforming loan limit is $453,100; however, the limit is $679,650 in higher cost areas.
Jumbo Loan Highlights
If you have a low debt-to-income (DTI) ratio and a higher credit score, but you don’t have enough funds to bring the loan amount under the conforming limit, a jumbo loan might be the right option for you. Highlights of non-conforming loans include:
- Finance a home over the maximum loan amount established by the Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Higher purchase limits allow borrower to purchase more house
- Convenience of one loan for the entire loan amount
- Primary residence, second home or investment property
- Fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgages (ARM)
*Eligibility subject to program stipulations, qualifying factors, applicable income requirements, and property limits. This is not an offer to enter into an agreement. Not all customers will qualify. Information, rates and programs are subject to change without notice. All products are subject to credit and property approval. Other restrictions and limitations may apply.